Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Special Gift

I was watching Oprah the other day and saw a segment about International Project Breastmilk. The organization collects breastmilk from healthy, lactating women and sends it to hospitals in Africa to help very sick new born babies. Most of the babies recieving the milk are orphans b/c their parents have died of AIDS. The sick babies immune systems benefit so much from the breastmilk. I could go on and on listing the benefits. Anyway, Caroline has allowed me to be able to donate milk to this wonderful cause. I am only nursing her three times a day and the rest of the day she is eating food and drinking juice. I just think it is such a special way to help little babies and it just so happens that my body is up for the challenge. Pass this info on to any women you might know that would be interested.
www.breastmilkproject.org

No comments: