Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The last few days of my 20's


My 30th birthday is quickly approaching. I used to laugh at my "older" friends and think how silly they were being for dreading their 30th birthday. However I am realizing, as the day draws nearer, that I am in the same boat. It sounds so much better to say you are in your twenties, even if I do have two kids, an extra ten lbs, stretch marks, body parts sagging, a herinated disc, and many other glamourous things happening to me! :) The day Caroline was born, as I have told many people before, I believe I aged at least ten years. So really when she was born I felt at least 36, not 26, and now that the girls are getting a little older I am finding my "old" self again..isn't that an oxymoron...ha. Raising little ones is VERY exhausting and very rewarding...it is selfless and selfish (in how much joy I derive from them)...it has been the second part of my 20's. So as I dread 30, I also look forward to it. And my sweet hubby is taking me out for a big treat...shopping! I am throwing out my "old" clothes which consists of lots of maternity clothes and other clothes that fit me and were in style when I was 25 (before kids) and when I was working.
I'm going to enjoy and tell every stranger I meet for the next ten days that I am in my twenties...and then in my new updated (and mature wardrobe...ha) I will gracefully enter my 30's with a huge smile on my face holding a precious baby girl on one hip and holding the hand of my other little three year old! Happy life!

4 comments:

Erin Phillips said...

LOVE your feelings on the subject, Mol! Well listen, I've been 30 now for two years...hehe and it's great. You are in SUCH a good place and have SUCH a beautiful family to show for yourself. I am proud of the 30 year old you're about to be! xxx

Natasha said...

Shopping spree-super fun!! 30 is great!It's been the best year of my life!

Rebecca said...

Yes, it is a very happy life!

Stacy and Chuck Burch said...

Okay well missy I am glad to welcome you to the thirties tomorrow!!! It is not so bad, trust me I have had about five years worth of experience now. HA! Just think of the thirties as being able to have all of the fun you had in the twenties (it will hurt more though trust me) and people tend to listen to you more once your 30, you are somewhat mature then- that is what they think anyway. Happy Happy Birthday! Have a blast shopping! So fun!