Thursday, July 31, 2008

Painting is fun (and messy:)

Caroline had the best time painting with real paint and a paintbrush yesterday for the first time ever! I thought I was smart (and being really nice...I never painted with my first graders) by doing this outside and by taking off her pants....ha! I learned this would be done best in a diaper with no clothes in sight, her hair put up, outside with a hose nearby, with may towels, and a bath run upstairs...ha! I'll be ready the next time:)

Notice that in the first picture she has on a shirt and a little paint on her knee and hand... After the red paint got all over her shirt (and I removed it) she thought it would be fun to paint her chest, hair, hand, and leg! Heck, why not...she had to take a bath after the little bit on her knee and hand anyway....so we just went all out! Thank goodness for washable non-toxic paint and a hose! ha!


2 comments:

Christina Soto said...

Oh, Mol, you give me a little ambition. I've had brand new fingerpaints sitting in the closet for 2 months! I just don't EVER feel like going outside with the purpose of making a mess. I've been thinking that I really need to be a fun mom and just do it. Maybe this will motivate me. :)

JaclynJohnson said...

OK, now I need both you AND Caroline to come paint the new house. :-) So cute!