Monday, November 17, 2008

Drunk without a drink

Ok, so I had a very scary day on Friday because my world started spinning out of control (literally). I had been complaining all week of feeling a little dizzy (like I had a glass or two of wine) but it wasn't bad enough to worry me. However, Friday morning my two glasses of wine feeling went to feeling more like 2 bottles of wine. Tony rushed home to take me to the dr. and it turns out that I had an infection in my inner ear that affected the fliud that keeps me balanced. The dr. did a test that proved it was an inner ear issue. If you ever feel dizzy and suspect it, try this simple test. Lay flat on the ground and turn your head all the way to the right, almost looking over your shoulder. As soon as I did that, my world literally spun uncontrollably. However frightening it was, it confirmed that the issue was an inner ear problem and he gave me medicine to treat it. I thought I missed having drinks with my friends but this experience scared me from ever wanting more than just one drink ever again.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

that is so scary!! i am glad you are ok.
how far along are you now?? I think you need a site that tells me- because i forget all the time! I can't wait to find out the sex of the baby.. of course, I think BOY! but we shall see! I also have my boy name picked out for ya.
love you and miss you.
glad you are ok!!

Natasha said...

I hope you are feeling better!! That is very scary!!

And...Happy Birthday Tony!!