Thursday, November 13, 2008

What's been going on at our house

Just have a few things to share as I haven't really updated my blog in awhile besides the occasional picture or two. Caroline is loving preschool. However, I don't know who loves it more...Caroline or her mommy! I know she is safe, loved, and as happy as a clam to be there so it makes it so easy for me to run errands or come home and get things done around here. Her teachers have nothing but great things to say about her behavior and progress in school. She is 25 months old and weighs around 30 lbs and has more hair than she or I know what to do with! She doesn't like me making her do anything and I mean anything (brushing her hair and teeth are big daily struggles). Other than a little hardheadedness (which I have no idea where that comes from...ha) she is a real sweetheart and loves to be around others. Tony recently got her a little beta fish and she absolutely LOVES it. After going through about 20 names for the fish, she decided that she liked the name "Michael Phelps" (not lucky or swimmy or any of the other basic names we threw out there) and that's just what she calls him. I will have to get a video on my blog of her talking to Michael Phelps...it's just too cute!
As for me, I am now 13 weeks pregnant and feeling great! My tummy is just starting to change and I have recently dusted off the old maternity clothes. Suddenly, 6 months from now, which is when the baby is due, does not feel very far away....with Caroline, I thought 6 months felt like six years away! We have literally not done one thing to prepare for a new baby. I'm sure when we find out the sex we will start on the nursery. A few more weeks and we'll know!
As for Tony, he is as busy as ever with work and is actually with a film crew today. Citgo is making a new nation wide ad/commerical and they are at the Pop Shoppes filming this week. It's still up in the air, but Tony and/or Nelson may be on the commerical too. That would be exciting!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I'm glad things are going well for your family. I love the updates. Keep those "how you are preparing for the baby" updates coming. Landis and I are trying for our first little Bumgarner, so I'm very interested in the baby happenings. Keep us in your prayers as we attempt to grow our family.

And, by the way, I love the Michael Phelps fish name...the fish must be a FAST swimmer. :)