Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The SICK turkey

No, the turkey we are eating for Thanksgiving is not sick but our little turkey Caroline is! Tony and I have been looking forward to her school Thanksgiving feast and music program for over a month now. She was going to be a turkey...notice I said "going to be". After we bought a brand new video camera (just so I could catch my little drama queens first public preformance) AND I cooked all afternoon the day before for our contribution to the feast AND after buying her a new outfit AND after getting her a haircut (which is not easy or fun)AND after waking up early so she and I could both be showered and looking our best...I wake her up and BAM...her eye will barely open! Side note, Caroline has had a cold with a runny nose and coughing for five days so I thought she had just busted a blood vessel in her eye from coughing so much. So I proceed to take her to school as she doesn't have a fever and I think this eye is nothing major AND I WANT TO SEE THIS PRECIOUS PREFORMANCE!!!!(Did i mention that yet) Her teachers told me on Thursday that Caroline was such a ham in practice and hoped she would do it the day of the program...which only heightened my excitement to see her as a turkey. We got to school and thankfully (but to my great disappointment) my sister-in-law, who is an eye dr. saw her and told me she had pink eye. So, I pick her back up and am nearly in tears walking out of the preschool. Pregnancy hormones, I assure you. So, no Turkey preformance, missed the black Friday sales on video cameras, made a ton of food that is now frozen, and looked damn good all day and had no where to go...Lesson on motherhood: things don't always go as planned!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

lol, Mollie I don't mean to laugh but I've so been there! Maybe not the whole dressing up like a Turkey, but we as mom's look so forward to things and then bam...they get sick! Hopefully, this is a story you'll look back and laugh on! Hope Caroline feels better soon. Tyler's had it twice. The drops will help in a day! Happy Thanksgiving!

Elizabeth

Natasha said...

No worries...there will be plenty more performances to come!! :)

I guess Caroline will have to "gobble, gobble" around at the family get togethers the next few days. :) If she does, use that new video camera and post the video. I would love to see it. :)

Erin Phillips said...

This is just being read now, but too funny, Mol. I know it was NOT funny at all at the time, but looking back, maybe now just a bit? I LOVE reading these blogs from you. Now Meg will have to start one ! ;-)