Friday, March 27, 2009

The "not so terrible" twos

I have always heard about the "terrible twos" but think it really might be the terrific twos. Caroline has her days, don't get me wrong, but she says the sweetest things these days and enjoys the little things in life so much. She gets sooo excited about going to "the big movie" and loves to eat popcorn. And her favorite place in the whole wide world is the mall. Kind of nice for me...I can shop and take her to her fav place all at the same time.
Cute story - Last night we were putting her to bed, Tony was reading her a book and I was laying there listening with her. She was stroking my face while she was looking at the book that Tony was reading. I could feel her turn and look at me for awhile as she was still rubbing my cheek and she said "Momma, you're so pretty." Needless to say, I cried right then...little did she know her very pregnant momma needed a compliment:) Her sweetness has blown both Tony and I away. There is something so pure and innocent about the words of a two year old.
Update: I passed all of my pre-eclampsia tests! Thank you for the prayers...they worked! Only 50 some odd days or so until Baby Girl Perez arrives. We can't wait! Caroline's tongue has healed completely and she is almost 100% better from her double ear infection and the croup that snuck up on us two days after her tongue accident.
Hope all is well my friends. God bless!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

We definitely had the terrific twos, as you named it. I was convinced the "terrible twos" was just a myth because Tyler was great.

Tyler turned 3 today, and I will tell you that the "trying threes"...it's not a myth :-) Whoa buddy! I think you get one or the other. We didn't get the twos, so I guess we're up for the threes! Sounds like you have a sweetie though! Best wishes towards the end of your pregnancy!

Natasha said...

I'm so glad that all is well with the Perez family...you deserve it. And, by the way, you are beautiful. :) 50 days!!! I'm excited for you, Tony, and Caroline.

Ashlie said...

C is an exceptionally special 2 year old. And I agree with her, you are so pretty!
Love you. See you tomorrow.

Kelly said...

such a sweet girl!! she must get that from her sweet momma! ;) I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Enjoy your weekend.
Love you and miss you!