Monday, September 5, 2011

Another Bittersweet Moment in Parenthood

Tomorrow is a little milestone that I, as a stay at home mother, have looked forward to for some time now. Yet in the same breath, I am a little sad and anxious about the time actually arriving. My little Maggie Moo will go to preschool for the first time. She has never gone to the church nursery, gym childcare, or any care for that matter outside of our home or my parents. To say the least she is attached...and well, so am I.
Maggie had a very scary entrance into this world so Tony and I have always been very protective and cautious with our little miracle. After her near death arrival we battled breathing issues, nebulizer treatments, and countless ear infections on top of all of the "normal" baby/toddler viruses. Needless to say, it was never worth the risk of picking up a virus from the nursery just to go to the gym or sit in church for an hour. SOOO... many Joel Osteens and walks in the neighborhood have kept me moving up until now. Tomorrow I hand over my sweet, precious, tender little girl's every need to her teachers. I pray they can interpret her jibber jabber and enjoy her funny little personality as much as I do every single day.
As I re-read this, I DO realize how silly this seems given that she is only going for a couple of hours a week. It's not really the time spent at the preschool that makes this tough, it's the TIME OF MY LIFE and the fact that she is no longer a baby but a big girl getting her first little taste of independence that really makes this bittersweet.
So tomorrow at about five minutes after nine, I wonder who will be crying, me or Maggie?

1 comment:

JaclynJohnson said...

Read this at 9:50 this morning and quickly said a prayer for you! Hope the morning went well!