Sunday, September 11, 2011

thirty-one

No, it's not the in-home sales totebag line that I'm referring to...it's my AGE! Yesterday I celebrated my 31st birthday. My wonderful husband, my precious children, my sweet family, and dearest friends made the day extraordinary for me. Thank you to everyone who had any part in making me feel so special. It's amazing how meaningful a phone call, card, flowers, gift, or visit can be when you feel the love from someone close to you who celebrates the day you were born!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I joined the sportscenter for my birthday (Thank you Tony for that wonderful present). Well, to enjoy my gift yesterday I went and swam 50 laps in the pool. To pass the time and to keep up with which lap I was on, I thought about each year of my life. I started on about lap 16 and thought about where I lived, important events that happened in my life, how I celebrated my birthday that year, holidays, friends, good times, and so on from each year of my life. My time swimming passed so quickly that by the time I got to my 31st lap (and current age) I just couldn't stop. So I swam on thinking about my life, where I have been, what I have done, and what I want out of the coming years in my life. I know I must have been smiling up and down the lane. What a beautiful exercise of mind and body to think back on wonderful memories of high school, college, getting married, having children, friends past and present, friends who I will see again in Heaven, trials I've overcome, wonderful experiences I have had, and thinking about the exciting future ahead. Birthdays are a day to be thankful for the life you have and to think about where life has taken you since God brought you into this world. So on day one of my thirty first year, I thank God for a full life and I look forward to many, many more years of being and feeling ALIVE. I have learned to appreciate growing older because the other option is a little less lively:) God Bless You! XOXO, Mollie

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Happy Birthday, Mollie! What an uplifting post - I love your attitude on getting older and I completely agree. I think we still have the best years ahead of us!