Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Babies get lots of shots!

So as a mother I have learned that babies get lots of shots and IT HURTS...the momma way more than it hurts the baby! When you are in the hospital and the baby is first born they come from the nursery with band-aids here and there and you figure they must have drawn blood or given her a shot....BUT NOW...when I have to take her to the doctor for multiple shots...ouch! So as you can tell we have to go to the Caroline's doctor (Dr. Van Winkle) for 5 shots. I am so lucky to have such a great husband though...Tony goes with me everytime and "holds her down". I am not much of a crier or a wus but for some reason, I can't do this...I can't hold her down and watch the nurse stick her 5 times. The screaming in pain is almost more than I can take. So, this is my mom tip of the day... Marry a guy who will go to the dr. with you so you don't have to "hold your baby down" while they are given shot after shot!

No comments: