Monday, February 26, 2007

Roasted Veggie and goat cheese...YUM!

I had a sandwich at this cute little restaurant in High Point called Grateful Bread...it was a roasted veggie and goat cheese sandwich. So, Tony and I are trying to eat a little healthier so this is the first thing that came to mind. I am roasting the vegetables in the oven right now and it smells so wonderful! I am making a wrap instead of a sandwich...but this would be good as a quesadilla, a wrap, a sandwich, or tossed with angel hair pasta!

Roasted Veggie and Goat Cheese Wraps By Mollie
Mixed fresh vegetables (I used squash, zucchini, carrots, onions, green pepper, and broccoli)
Olive Oil
Seasoning (whatever you like)
Wraps (I used a veg. tortilla..use any kind)
Goat Cheese (any cheese would do...Gorgonzola would be good too)

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
Cut all veggies into pieces..however..I did it like they do at the Japanese rest.
Put them all on a cookie sheet sprayed with PAM
Sprinkle with olive oil and seasoning (i used Montreal Chicken seasoning ...might want to use Mrs. Dash or other table seasoning to give the veg. flavor)
Roast veggies for 1 hour
Make sure they are tender and a little brown
toss them around a couple times during the hour
Put veggies on the wrap and melt cheese over the vegetables
* I grilled a piece of chicken to put in Tony's wraps!

GREAT tasting and very healthy! E-mail me and let me know if you try this! cofcmollie@aol.com

No comments: