Monday, May 19, 2008

Sweet Caroline's latest stats

For those of you who don't get to see Caroline much I thought I'd update you on her latest and greatest! Weighing in at a whole 25 lbs, 19 and 1/2 month old Caroline is landing in the 50th percentile for all of her measurements at the dr. office. Her pediatrician called her "tall and skinny" which Tony and I both laughed at as neither one of us have ever been referred to as tall or skinny. She's walking, running, and loves to jump. Her favorite thing to do is talk (imagine that...ha) and her vocabulary is amazing...but so are her fits! Tony and I figure that she has a vocabulary like a two year old and she also has tantrums like a two year old. She is speaking in simple sentences ("I like that toy" ,"That's Daddy's car", etc) and can say several pretty big words (sailboat, vitamin, firetruck, airplane, remote, strawberries, pinecone, etc.). I know, I know...I'm a proud parent:) ha.
She still loves the backyardigans, her stuffed animal "Pinky", going outside as she asks us to "go outside" everytime we are inside, my parents dog madison, and playing in her playhouse which she calls "ding-dong" because of the doorbell on it:) She has added some new favorites here recently that include:
*driving the car- she loves to get in my parked car and walk around the seat, play with the steering wheel, and push all of the buttons.
*anything sweet- the child wakes up talking about suckers and cake...she loves them!!!
*coloring with crayons
*Daddy's boat- she loves the boat and she doesn't mind wearing her life jacket...thank goodness
*feeding Madison "cookies"- Caroline goes and gets dog bones for my parents dog everytime she goes over there and then follows Madison and watches her eat it. She gets so excited b/c Madie likes it so much.
*her "Choo-choo" book - Caroline loves for me to read her choo-choo book which is THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD. She squeals at the part that says " I think I can, I think I can" it's so very cute!

3 comments:

Ivie said...

she sounds adorable! thank goodness for happy, healthy kids!

Missy said...

Too cute! I can't wait until Eli gets to that age, but at the same time I want him to stay itty bitty!

Kelly said...

So sweet!! I am very sad that I haven't yet baby caroline!!! She is growing up so fast, and I love to hear about her. I hope to be able to come see you this summer. what are your plans?? I miss you so much!
xoxo