Monday, May 5, 2008

Our bathroom

Due to a number of unforeseen events (a mirror crashing to the floor, tile chipping, and our linen cabinet door falling off of the hinges) we have had to hasten our master bathroom remodeling plans to the present...and WHAT A PRESENT it will be when it's finished! I have to say, it has not been the easiest process as I had quite the time finding people to do the job. I called two remodeling companies and one of the two told me that any master bathroom remodel would start (thats right I said START) at $25,000! Let me assure you that our remodeling plans have cost a fraction of that ridiculous price and it's going to look like a brand spanking new bathroom! But right now it is completely gutted...the countertops are gone, the floor is down to plywood subflooring, the shower is nothing more than a bunch of exposed pipes and 2 x 4's, the toliet has been uprooted and hauled to another room, and I couldn't be happier! Our bedroom and Caroline's nursery are both upstairs so our middle of the night bathroom trips are a long haul downstairs but will be well worth it when all of the work is complete! I'll post pics in the next week or two! I'll have some before and after shots that will put HGTV to shame! ha! And by the way, I have an excellent tile guy and electrician if anyone needs a number!

No comments: